Wednesday, October 22, 2008

How will I discover my passions? What is my story?

So, how will I discover my passions? Every time I hear, read or watch someone talking about their passions -- I think about the same thing! (Maybe that's why I assigned this blog topic...) and since Tom Patterson talked to us about the importance of really knowing about ourselves and following our passions, I think it's a great time to think about what is really meaningful to us.

Everyday I am seeking out my passions, one of which is leadership. I discover this every single day through constant work with students and watching students "get it". For me, a major passion in my life is helping others find their passion. Seeing someone have an "aha" moment as they say, or discovering something new about themselves -- such as a quality, talent or skill is so exciting to me! Through my work in leadership, I get to witness that happen everyday.

I will continue to discover my passions by constantly educating myself and seeking out new information, resources and people. I hope that others will help me in this journey! I am so excited to work with the 2008-2009 Blueprints students to develop passions and create real social change.

You can change the world. You can be an architect of change.

No comments: